S18 ACM Screenwriting Competition
Spring 2018 ACM Screenwriting Competition
Deadline: Friday, April 27, 2018
Win up to $1,000 To Produce Your Film!
The ACM continues our exciting screenwriting competition for our students. We will award one or two scholarship/grants to a student for their winning screenplay.
Here’s how it works:
Submit PDF files of the following by 4pm on Friday, April 27, 2018:
1) Your original short screenplay (including a title page WITHOUT your name or contact information)
2) A half-page synopsis
3) YOUR UH STUDENT ID NUMBER
4) Answer this question: If awarded, will you make this film as an ACM 399 in the Fall?
Send all materials electronically to Competition Coordinator Joel Moffett at firstname.lastname@example.org by the 4pm deadline. No late entries will be accepted. Again- NO NAMES ON PDF SCREENPLAY FILE!
If your proposal is selected, you’ll be awarded up to $1,000. We encourage you to use these funds to produce your film as an ACM 399 in the Fall of 2018.
Screenplays will be judged using the following criteria:
- Unique voice
- Screenplay format
- Articulation of character arc when appropriate
- Thematic meaning
- Students enrolled in ACM courses – restricted to majors
- You must be a continuing student – you’ll be enrolling full-time Fall 2018
- You can submit as many screenplays as you want!
NOTE: Winning students will be given the opportunity to produce their films as part of an ACM399 Directed Study. If winning students choose to make their films, they must agree to provide the Academy for Creative Media a production journal outlining pre-production, shooting and post production schedules, as well as any rough, director’s and/or final cuts of the production, which shall be copyrighted as an ACM Production.
For more information, contact Assoc. Prof. Joel Moffett at email@example.com.
**This Screenwriting Competition is made possible by the Grace Abernethy Fund of the Hawaii Community Foundation**