2017 Da Pidgin Film Festival
Call for Submissions
Submission Deadline: September 30, 2017
The Fall 2017 Da Pidgin Film Festival showcases student films in and about Pidgin. The film festival will be held November, 2017 on the UH-Mānoa campus.
$250 for best film!
$100 for films selected for the festival!
- Anyone can submit, but only films produced by current UH system students (all campuses) are eligible for prize money
- Films must be in or about Pidgin
- All genres welcome
- 12 minutes maximum length
- Produced within the past 5 years
- Two films maximum may be submitted by an individual
Submission of film file and application online at: https://goo.gl/forms/aPUMY6PqzvG2jAaL2
For more information, contact Christina Higgins at the Charlene J. Sato Center for Pidgin, Creole & Dialect Studies, UH-Mānoa at firstname.lastname@example.org; 808-956-8610
Funding provided by the Sato Fund, IDEAS, and the Student Activity and Program Fee Board (SAPFB)
- UH-system student filmmakers can apply for grants of up to $1500 to produce films
- Travel money available for neighboring island filmmakers